Sunday 15 January 2012

There and back again - by Sam Singla

It's funny, I have always been told that if you tell God your plans for the future, he will laugh. As I get older 24 yesterday, I am starting to realize that which is true. I don't think I've ever had a 5 year plan in my life which has worked out as planned, its always been better. I love my life...its a great great life, I am very blessed and for the life of me can not figure out what I did to deserve it.

So we left off at the IBM offer not working out, but as the case has always been - something better happened. I drove down to Vancouver for an interview in Calgary. Yes, I know I hate Calgary...and yes..I vowed I would never come back. But that all got left in the dust for a passionate project that I want to be a part of. Making western canada a wifi Zone. I love the people that I work with, I love the work I am doing. I was really scared about my qualifications in taking this position, 2 weeks in, it feels way too right. And being in Calgary feels too right, I miss my family, but all my friends are here. It nothing I could've ever pictured, but now that I am doing it I glad and happy. Oh right, my role is product strategy and financial modeling for the Wifi project...but I am doing a a lot more and a lot less..till I really figure out where I belong in there I guess.

 Christmas this year felt very divided. But there were parts of it which were the best, Sheetal wasn't home this year so Dan came over to help with Tree, the Temp Apple Job was just brilliant. I met some great people, and some not so great ones..but it was a welcome change after spending so much time alone this part few weeks. Xmas gifts...real joy in giving, also went broke, giving and moving this week. I am living above one of my fav restaurants, Glory of India..so can't complain about the living situation, I think I found a good roommate but I am going to need another one in 6 months, which is probably for the best. My Birthday yesterday was spent with Vik's family which is starting to feel like my family, plus the excessive drinking. Actual Xmas day, coupled with Mandir duty just didn't feel so right..but w.e...things happen. On the ending note... finally having a job in the field that I want,

Working for something I am passionate about - Epicness. Also completely independent for the first time in my life. Man can I start telling people to F*off (thinking in the family, if you read this...you'll know if your one of them...)

No comments:

Post a Comment